This course is a complete beginner’s guide to WordPress and how you can use it to build beautiful, functional websites—for yourself or for clients—with no programming or web development experience whatsoever.
WordPress is quite possibly the best solution for building any type of website in today’s world, and it’s easy to see why:
- It’s completely free.
- It’s extensible with a world of free themes and plugins.
- It doesn’t require significant technical knowledge to get started.
I’ve been working with WordPress for nearly a decade, and I’m in very good company. It’s also used by some of the world’s most notable companies and organizations, including:
- The Wall Street Journal
- Mercedes Benz
- The Next Web
Here are some of the things you’ll learn in this course:
- How to install WordPress on your own computer so you can follow the course without paying for web hosting
- How to install WordPress on a web host
- How to navigate the WordPress dashboard
- How to install WordPress themes and customize your site’s design
- How to extend the functionality of your site with plugins
- How to build a hotel website (practice activity)
- How to secure your site and protect it from hackers and malware
- How to optimize your site for search engines like Google and Bing
- How to build an ecommerce store with WordPress
- How to add forums to your site
- How to build a full-fledged social network with WordPress
We’ll start with the absolute basics of WordPress so you can get a feel for how it all works, and then we’ll walk through the process step-by-step of actually building a site. After we’ve covered all the basics, we’ll gradually dive into some more advanced things, like security, SEO, and ecommerce.
By the end of the course, you’ll be prepared to build virtually any type of website using WordPress—crushing your next project or amazing your clients with a stunning new web presence.
- Anyone interested in building websites with WordPress